Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sizzling Styles

Holy crap! When did August get here?? Whatever, it's still summer!! Especially here in the Central Valley......hot hot and hotter. Speaking of, summer styles are still worth the purchase, and if not, it'll still look great on you next summer right? That's what I thought. 

Literally, I have been obsessed with rompers since last summer. And by luck, my baby girl Hannah Johnson grew out of her adorable multicolored, patterned, but simple romper. Of course, seeing as she loves me dearly, her first move was to hand it over to me......for this I love you Han! But really. Rompers (also known as jumpsuits, playsuits, bodysuits....yknow) are the most practical and comfortable invention in fashion like....ever. Now I'm not gonna lie, it is difficult to go to the bathroom, but  I find this small hassle completely worth the effort. Now for some fun facts about rompers, and of course some snazzy suggestions :] As I was saying in my last post, retro fashion comes for us all, and the romper is no exception. These playful pieces are no newer than Windows 97 (though I honestly could not tell you what era they are from), and in fact, I have come across some vintage ones that are even better than the modern takes! Here are two of my favorites from the genius Cuffs Boutique























And if vintage isn't quite your fit, here are a few of the cutest playsuits I've come across this summer:
the first one is from Topshop, the next three from Cuffs Boutique (the first is the one I have...SO COMFY), then we have the more and more sophisticated Dakota Fanning, my personal British muse Keira Knightley, the simply chic Blake Lively, and finally the hardcore kooky Agyness Deyn!

















So ladies, whether you like vintage, glam, business, flirty, casual...or whatever style! Just make sure you find the right fit for your personality and for your body. I cannot stress it enough, with a romper it is essential that it fit you perfectly or else you will be uncomfortable and you will look that way. But when you get a winner, let me tell you ladies....so absolutely worth the search!!!!! And as my good friend Lily Rothrock says, a good romper is amazing because you can "run and dance like you're wearing pants!" I know I'm sold.

<3 F. FASHION





No comments:

Post a Comment